ADS8867 Texas Instruments Profile
The ADS8867 is a high-speed, high-precision, low-power, 16-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) from Texas Instruments. It is designed for a variety of applications where high accuracy is required, such as industrial automation, medical instrumentation, and test and measurement equipment.
The ADS8867 features a sampling rate of up to 1 MSPS (million samples per second) and a low power consumption of only 13 mW at 1 MSPS. It also offers excellent performance in terms of signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and total harmonic distortion (THD), with an SNR of 94 dB and a THD of -105 dB.
One unique feature of the ADS8867 is its internal reference voltage, which eliminates the need for an external reference voltage. This simplifies the design process and reduces costs.
The ADC is housed in a small, 10-pin MSOP (Mini Small Outline Package) package, making it ideal for space-constrained applications.
Overall, the ADS8867 is a versatile and high-performance ADC that can be used in a wide range of applications where precision and accuracy are critical.
The most widely used part numbers of ADS8867
The ADS8867 is a popular ADC from Texas Instruments, and there are several part numbers that are widely used in various applications. Some of the most commonly used part numbers of ADS8867 include:
- ADS8867IDGSR – This is the standard ADS8867 part number which comes in a 10-pin MSOP package.
- ADS8867EVM-PDK – This is an evaluation module (EVM) for the ADS8867 that allows for easy testing and evaluation of the ADC’s performance.
- ADS8867IDGSR-EP – This is the extended temperature range (EP) version of the ADS8867 that is suitable for use in harsh environments.
- ADS8867IBRHDT – This is the ruggedized version of the ADS8867 that is designed for use in high-reliability applications.
- ADS8867IBRHDR – This is another ruggedized version of the ADS8867, but with a different pin configuration.
These part numbers may differ in terms of package type, temperature range, and other specifications, but all refer to the same basic ADC chip. The choice of part number will depend on the specific requirements of the application.
The alternative parts for ADS8867 Texas Instruments
There are several alternative ADC parts that can be used as substitutes for the ADS8867 from Texas Instruments. Some of these include:
- LTC1867 – A 16-bit, 1 MSPS ADC from Linear Technology. It features a low power consumption of 12 mW and a high SNR of 96 dB.
- MCP3304 – A 16-bit, 1 MSPS ADC from Microchip Technology. It features low power consumption and a small form factor, making it ideal for portable applications.
- MAX11100 – A 16-bit, 1 MSPS ADC from Maxim Integrated. It features a low power consumption of 12.5 mW and a high SNR of 94 dB.
- ADS8860 – A 16-bit, 1.5 MSPS ADC from Texas Instruments. It is similar to the ADS8867 but offers a higher sampling rate.
- AD7685 – A 16-bit, 250 kSPS (thousand samples per second) ADC from Analog Devices. It features a low power consumption of 5 mW and a high SNR of 92 dB.
It is important to carefully evaluate the specifications and features of each alternative part before selecting a suitable replacement for the ADS8867 in a particular application.