LM339 is a quad voltage comparator IC, which is manufactured by many semiconductor companies. The most popular manufacturers of LM339 are Texas Instruments, STMicroelectronics, ON Semiconductor, Fairchild Semiconductor, NXP Semiconductors, Analog Devices, and many others.
Each manufacturer may have slight variations in the specifications, packaging, and product labeling, but overall the LM339 remains a common and widely used component in the electronics industry.
Regardless of the manufacturer, the LM339 is designed to perform the same function of comparing two voltages and outputting a digital signal indicating which voltage is higher. It is a versatile component that can be used in many different types of electronic circuits and projects.
The Most Popular Part Numbers For LM339
The LM339 IC is available in two main packages, DIP-14 and SOIC-14, and has become a popular and widely used component in the electronics industry. Below are the most popular part numbers for LM339:
- LM339N – This is the most common and widely used part number for LM339 in a DIP-14 package.
- LM339DR – This is a part number for LM339 in a SOIC-14 package.
- LM339DT – Another part number for LM339 in a SOIC-14 package.
- LM339D – Part number for LM339 in a SOIC-14 package.
- LM339M – Another part number for LM339 in a SOIC-14 package.
- LM339AM – Part numbers for LM339 in a miniature micro-SMD package.
- LM339QT – Another part number for LM339 in a smaller TSSOP package.
Each manufacturer may have additional part numbers for the LM339, but the above-mentioned part numbers are the most commonly used and widely available. These part numbers are used in various applications, including motor control, power supplies, limit detection circuits, threshold detection, and level shifting in different electronic circuits.
The Alternative Parts For LM339
If LM339 is not available or a suitable replacement needs to be found, there are several alternative ICs that can be used. Some of the commonly used alternative parts for LM339 are:
- LM393 – Dual Voltage Comparator IC with open collector output.
- LT1013 – Precision Operational Amplifier IC, which can be used as a voltage comparator.
- MAX9021 – Low Power, Single/Dual-Supply Voltage Comparator IC.
- TS3704 – Micro-Power Low-Voltage Quad Comparator IC.
- MC3303 – Low-Power Quad Operational Amplifier IC, which can also be used as a comparator.
- LM324N – Quad General Purpose OP-AMP, which can also be used as a comparator.
- LM311 – High-Speed Voltage Comparator IC.
Note that even though these alternative parts can perform the same or similar functions as the LM339, they may have different pin configurations, voltage requirements, or output characteristics. Therefore, the user needs to carefully evaluate the datasheet of each part to ensure suitability for their particular application.