STM32F103 STMicroelectronics Profile
The STM32F103 is a family of 32-bit microcontrollers developed by STMicroelectronics. They are based on the ARM Cortex-M3 core and are available in a wide range of package sizes and memory configurations.
The STM32F103 microcontroller family features include:
- Clock speed up to 72 MHz
- Up to 512 KB flash memory
- Up to 64 KB SRAM memory
- Up to 37 general-purpose I/O (GPIO) pins
- Built-in USB and CAN interfaces
- Multiple communication interfaces such as SPI, I2C, USART, and more.
- Low-power consumption modes for energy efficiency.
The STM32F103 microcontroller family is commonly used in a wide range of embedded applications, including industrial automation, building automation, electronic instruments, and more. It is popular among developers because it is cost-effective, easy to program, and has a vast ecosystem of development tools, libraries, and code examples.
What Are The Most Popular Series Part Number For STM32F103
Here are some of the popular series part numbers for STM32F103 microcontroller family:
- STM32F103C8T6: This has 64 KB of flash memory and 20 KB of RAM, and comes in a 48-pin LQFP package
- STM32F103CBT6: This has 128 KB of flash memory and 20 KB of RAM, and comes in a 48-pin LQFP package
- STM32F103RCT6: This has 256 KB of flash memory and 48 KB of RAM, and comes in a 64-pin LQFP package
- STM32F103ZET6: This has 512 KB of flash memory and 64 KB of RAM, and comes in a 144-pin LQFP package
- STM32F103VET6: This has 512 KB of flash memory and 64 KB of RAM, and comes in a 100-pin LQFP package
There are many other part numbers in the STM32F103 microcontroller family, with different memory sizes, pin counts, and package types to suit different embedded system design needs. View more related parts
The Alternative Parts For STM32F103 STMicroelectronics
There are several alternative microcontrollers that can be used as an alternative to the STM32F103 from STMicroelectronics. Here are some of the options:
- Atmel SAM3X8E: This 32-bit microcontroller is based on the ARM Cortex-M3 core and offers a range of features similar to those of the STM32F103, including up to 512 KB of flash memory and 96 KB of SRAM. This chip comes with a maximum operating clock speed of 84 MHz.
- NXP LPC1768: This 32-bit microcontroller features an ARM Cortex-M3 core, with up to 512 KB of flash memory and 64 KB of SRAM. It offers a maximum operating frequency of 100 MHz.
- TI Stellaris LM3S5J31: This microcontroller is based on the ARM Cortex-M3 core, with up to 256 KB of flash memory and 64 KB of SRAM. It comes with a maximum operating frequency of 80 MHz.
- STMicroelectronics STM32F303XC: This is another 32-bit microcontroller from STMicroelectronics, based on the ARM Cortex-M4 core. It features up to 512 KB of flash memory and 40 KB of SRAM, with a maximum operating speed of 72 MHz.
- Renesas RX62N: This microcontroller is based on the RX core and comes with up to 384 KB of flash memory and 64 KB of SRAM. It has a maximum operating frequency of 100 MHz.
These are just some of the alternative microcontrollers that are available in the market, with features and capabilities similar to the STM32F103. The best option depends on specific requirements, such as cost, performance, and system requirements.